Friday, March 25, 2011

Stress Busters

It has been pretty hectic these couple of weeks for all of us sleep-deprived CreComms. And when I say hectic, I mean hair-pulling-lucky-to-have-four-hours-of-sleep HECTIC! Walking CreComm ZOMBIES is what we are! @.@
Never have I been this busy in my life! Deadlines here, deadlines there, meetings, articles, layouts, out-of-school assignments AND regular classes! Then add the days I had to be at Church! The weekends didn’t feel like weekends anymore. I just can't believe I survived! I was even able to go out with my friends a couple times! The only downtime I had was during bus rides and bathroom breaks. LOL
That’s why during those weeks up ‘till now, my mantra has become “un jour a la fois,” which means “one day at a time” in French. I even got my friends to say it over and over with me. =))
On the other hand...I am amazed at myself for getting everything done. It’s true that “if you want something done, give it to a busy person” cause it’s just another thing to check off their to do list. ;p
Oh, our busy-ness ain’t over yet...but at least we've passed the busiest few weeks. The deadlines are a bit spread out now. :) But stress, stress, stress will still come our way.
So I have come up with a little list of what I do to cope with hectic-ness so that I don't go insane. =))


1. I go on Facebook...a lot. 
C’mon, who doesn’t Facebook stalk? Hahaha. The downside of Facebooking is that it will tend to throw you off schedule. You’re looking at pictures...scrolling, scrolling...and before you know it, it’s been five hours and you’ve been sitting at the same spot since this morning. =)) ...But at least you’re not insane. LOL


2. I play Tetris on...wait for it...........Facebook.
Just type in “tetris” and click on the application. My gosh it’s addicting. LOL. You play against other players from around the world! Hahaha


3. I go out with friends.
Now I wouldn’t know what I’d do without my friends. They literally keep me sane! They’re the much needed breaks in between all the work! :D


4. I sleep.
When you’re this tired, you could sleep anywhere, anytime! Just close your eyes and you feel yourself start to drift. =))


5. I surf the internet.
When I’m done Facebooking but I’m not yet in the mood for homework, I’d go online and do whatever. Read the news, watch videos, or window shop.


6. I do housework.
Anything to delay starting my homework. LOL kidding! =))
There. Done. Now on to more homework...not! I’m giving myself the night off. To rest is what I need. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment